AJVAR GRILLED CHEESE
You think you know grilled cheese’s, but you don’t know ours. Add a bit of zing and a whole lot of taste to a classic sandwich.
Who doesn’t love grilled cheeses?! This is a traditional sandwich that can’t be made wrong. Bread, any and all kinds of cheese, toppings galore and a skillet. That is pretty much all you need to make this fast snack or meal. With a little bit of our Ajvar, you can add something different that will make your mouth sing for joy.
The ingredients are easy and you probably have them at home already. For this recipe we are going to use sourdough bread, which toasts perfectly and has a substantial feel for those that overstuff their sandwiches. We are also opting for havarti cheese, the mildness, along with the quick melting time is perfect for our ajvar.
This couldn’t be easier, and again, you really can’t mess this recipe up. The recipe is below, so heat that skillet up, get creative and have fun making these for yourself, friends or family.
Ajvar Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 tbsp Pickerfresh Ajvar Mild Pepper & Eggplant Dip
- 2 slices Sourdough bread
- 2 slices Havarti cheese
- 1/4 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- Spread one side of the bread with Pickerfresh Ajvar.
- Sandwich two slices of cheese and baby spinach in between.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook the sandwich until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until browned and the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Brush the outside with butter.