Fried pickles have been a popular item for many many years. Give our a try and you won’t be disappointed.
It does seem everything has been fried at some point. Fried pickles however have that perfect combination of texture and bite that makes this a perfect dish for those nights in, hosting a party, or just because you are craving friend pickles.
- 12 Pickerfresh Kosher Dill Wholes
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Panko
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Creme fraiche
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Chopped green onions
- In a small bowl, whisk together crème fraiche, horseradish, sriracha, green onions and salt. Set aside.
- Slice pickles lengthwise into quarters. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Put the eggs in a separate medium bowl and the panko in a third bowl.
- Place pickles in flour, egg and panko, respectively, turning and pressing gently to coat. Repeat with remaining pickles.
- Pour about 3 cups of vegetable oil into a deep skillet. Heat over medium heat until the oil is shimmering. Fry 5-6 pickle spears at a time, do not crowd the pan. Cook until the spears are golden brown for about 1-2 minutes. Season with more salt.
- Serve hot with the sauce.